Thursday, April 22, 2010

Grocery Store Moves to Text Coupons


A&P, a grocery store chain, is expanding to mobile coupons via text messages this month.  I think this is a great idea. Personally, I have sat at home on a Sunday and clipped coupons then gone to the grocery store, left the coupons at home and forgotten what the deals were even on. However, if my cell phone is permanently glued to my hand, if I forgot my cell phone on the way to the grocery store I would turn around, run home and grab it. This would allow me to remember what items are running specials and actual be able to receive the special. On the flip side, I do believe that A&P has to be careful to not bombard customers with coupons. I think that using a Bluetooth sensor so customers only receive the coupon while in the store may be extremely useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment