Saturday, April 24, 2010

Connon O’Brien and TBS, an unlikely pair


Connon is making the move to TBS, a channel very different than NBC. For starters TBS is  a cable channel that airs re-runs of one time hit shows like Friends and Seinfeld. The channel change will attract TBS’s remarkably young audience. TBS, according to a NY Times article, “Is the number one cable channel among viewers 18 to 34.” This audience is inline with O’Brien’s core viewers; however, its 11pm time slot will pit O’Brien against John Stewart, Stephen Colbert and Chelsea Handler. Being a member of the 18 to 34-age bracket and an avid watcher of the Colbert Report and Chelsea Lately I am slightly peeved. Why can’t everyone just be friends? My DVR will only allow me to record one show wile watching another live, therefore, someone is going to be squeezed out. Who will it be? I guess I will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment